- 40 years in Civil engineering
- Joined Tarmac Construction in 1976 (now Carrillion ) - Site Engineer
- 1980 – 1985 - Site Agent - Tom O'Connor Ltd - Groundworks contractor
- 1985 – 1995 – Managing Director – South East Groundworks
- 1995 – 1997 – Construction Manager – Forest Construction – London Underground
- 1997 – 2001 – Construction Director – Toolbase Construction – Set up Rail Division
- 2001 – 2009 – Director Network (GB) Limited
- 2009 – Present – Operations Manager and Civils specialist with Roberts & Sale Construction Ltd
Previous projects associated with
Railtrack/Network Rail/London Underground
- 1995 – 1997 Wash Down Plants and Re-railing to Depots Client: London Underground, Acton Depot, Northumberland Park
- 1997 - 2001 Station Regeneration Project for Lovell Construction . Client: Network Rail, Station refurbishment, Canopy repairs, platform repairs all general building works
- 1997 – 2001 Structures Framework Contract – Jackson Civil Engineering – Client: Network Rail, all brickwork and structures repairs, construction of Braintree Freeport Station Platform
- 2001 – Present Extended arm contract / Structures framework contract Client Network Rail, working for the various framework contractors Jacksons, Jackson Eve, First Engineering and currently Kier Rail on refurbishment and maintenance of various structures, embankments and drainage. Station Refurbishment and platform re-strengthening at Northfleet and Greenhithe Station for May Gurney.
- 2012 - Present Working on Network Rail framework contract for AMCO completing footbridge refurbishments, signal gantry repairs and emergency response.